What We Endeavor...
Having been led as we believe, by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior; and having made a public profession of our faith we solemnly and joyfully, in the presence of God, enter into this covenant with one another as a gathered community in the service of Christ.
We pledge anew, with the aid of the Holy Spirit,
- to walk together in Christian love;
- to strive diligently to do our share in advancing this fellowship in the knowledge and understanding of the Holy Scripture; in sustaining its services of worship, its ordinances, discipline and doctrines.
We furthermore affirm that we will:
- contribute gladly and regularly to the support of the total mission of the church; which includes the spread of the gospel through all nations, assistance to the needy and the expenses of this fellowship.
- set aside adequate periods of time for daily personal and family devotions.
We promise to
- educate our children religiously;
- to seek the salvation of our families and associates; and
- to be exemplary in our behavior, prudent and temperate in our personal relationships and habits so that our conduct will reflect the Christ whom we serve and witness to the empowering grace of God in our personal lives.
We further pledge to:
- watch over one another in brotherly love;
- to remember each other in prayer,
- to be slow to take offense but always ready for reconciliation and, mindful of the rules of our Savior, to seek it without delay.
We affirm that when we move from this place, we will, as soon as possible, unite with another church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant.